Monday 7 March 2016

Dynamic Sketching - Week 5

More shapes this week, although a little bit more interesting.  Now we're merging and dissecting them!

I definitely felt comfortable merging box shapes, less so when I mixed in cones, cylinders and spheres. Dissecting shapes was fun and these are all great exercises which I can carry over after this class is finished.

Drawing objects from life was a lot more challenging as suddenly you're drawing in a representational way instead of just something imaginary and nebulous.  I probably didn't leave myself enough time in the end to do them justice.

We're over halfway now and I feel like I've given a fairly good account of myself so far but I know I could also have worked a lot harder too, which is probably reflected in my results.

It's all about mileage at the end of the day and I'm going to need to do more if I want to be successful at this.




No comments:

Post a Comment