Sunday 10 January 2016

Registered for Winter term

Not much to add this week except I've successfully registered for my first 2 classes at CGMA!

I'll be taking Perspective and Dynamic Sketching 1 which start on February 5th and February 1st respectively.

Both classes run for 8 weeks plus a 2 week review period to go back over the material.

So I only have about 3 weeks before the hard work starts! I want to use that time to prepare for the classes and try to get into 'student mode' before the term starts.  To do that I'll be drawing on (sorry...) a couple of valuable resources already available to me:

How to Draw by Scott Robertson:


























This is a great book for anyone who wants to understand the basics of drawing in perspective.  I think it'll be a very useful tool to help get my head around this subject over the next couple of months.

Foundation Group:
















These talented guys (John Park, Matthew Zikry, & Daniel Park) make great affordable videos around the subjects of drawing, design and digital.  The drawing videos will be perfect preparation for my dynamic sketching class.


Next week I'll hopefully have some scribbles to show...



No comments:

Post a Comment