Monday 18 January 2016

Scribbles

After a lot of procrastination I finally got down to some drawing exercises.

As is nearly always the case, I found that when I got started, I settled in and started enjoying the process.  I followed the Term 6 - Dynamic Sketching tutorial from the Foundation Patreon guys.  You can pick it up on Gumroad if you're interested.

This afternoon was just a couple of hours on warm-up exercises, followed by textures, then organic shapes and then compound shapes.

I've uploaded my texture practise and organic shapes but I feel like I still need a bit more time on my compound shapes.  Freehand perspective is difficult to get a grip on especially if you haven't drawn for a while!

These exercises were done with a fineliner (Staedtler triplus fineliner 0.3) and it's good that I'm practising with it now, because it's exactly what I'll be using for my CGMA Dynamic sketching class.

Only 2 weeks to go!










































No comments:

Post a Comment